Salesman

A few days ago, after off from office hour, i just wanted to walked away home. After a hard killing brain, i think i should have some rest or get release with some walk at park.
Suddenly, my clerk came and asked me to talk with a foreigner salesman outside. Because I know my clerk has some problem with her English, so i just went out and see the salesman.
And there was standing a man, a Kashmir guy, but not like a typical Kashmir people, he wore long sleeve and khakis. Without any cover or cap on his head.

He showed me some calligraphy from Holy QurĂ¡n. It's very beautiful with the shining and striking colour. I was quite surprise to know that it cost RM20 per piece. Ok, I 'm not a stingy, just because I really in short of money, I think it is too expensive for me.

Then i try to bring the arts in my office to asked my colleagues whether they were interested with them. As usual, they just interested with the arts, but not with the price. So,  I returned it back to that salesman.

But, something get wrong. He tried to force me to take two pieces of that arts with total price RM40. Without opening my wallet, as I know nothing in there, I try to decline. Plus with his English could be categorize as poor, really get me dizzy. But suddenly I asked the Kashmir guy.

"I just love with all of these calligraphy, but sorry for asking. I don't think all this verses should be hang on the wall, especially with ayat 1000 dinar. Some people believe to hang this ayat, so you will able to get rich. I think, the beauty of this ayat not because it just to hang on the wall, but how we implement this ayat.

As you know not all people, especially in Malaysia know Arabic, I think nobody can get rich with just hanging this on the wall. Or you will never get rich just because you read the ayat, but how you implemented Allah's teaching. But I do agree that Ayat Kursi can avoid your from evil and iblees, but not with just hanging it on the wall, but of course with your reading."

Then the salesman said, "It is all about each Muslim understanding". Then, I just try to agree with him even in my heart, I know with hanging ayat on the wall, it can get you to a syirik, which is a forbidden sin in Islam.

This story not because I wanted to tell how to avoid from salesman, but how we really implement our knowledge about Islam. To avoid from any syirik, is really not a choice.
1 Response
  1. salam saudara affan..sy baru buat blog..jom following each other! :) harap sudi